英语翻译的六大实用技巧

一、确立主干

1、确立主语

(1)避免主语机械对应

这个地区雨比较多。

It rains a lot in this area.

(2)方位词或时间词在主语位置

山下住着一位老妇人。

There lives an old lady at the foot of the mountain.

(3)用it做主语翻译主语是复合结构的汉语

信不信是你的事。

It is your concern whether you believe me or not.

最好是等他们回来。

It is advisable to wait till they come back.

勤能补拙

It is diligence that makes for deficiency.

2、确立谓语:英语的动词通常只能由某个动词或者系表结构担任

在人际关系上我们不要太浪漫主义。

We shouldn't be too romantic about personal relationship.

当他活着一天,总要尽量多工作、多学习,不肯虚度年华,不让时间白白地浪费掉。

As long as he is living, he always works and studies as hard as possible, unwilling to dream his life away, let alone waste even a single moment of life.

二、语序调整

1、定语的位置:英语中,单词充当定语时多为前置,短语和从句充当定语时多为后置。

钓鱼是一项能陶冶性情的运动,有益于身心健康。

Fishing is an outdoor sport that can cultivate your mind and it is good for your mental and physical health.

2、状语的位置

他是1970年5月20日在北京朝阳区出生的。

He was born in Chaoyang District of Beijing on May 20, 1970.

3、汉英语言叙事重心不同:汉语先叙事,后表态或评论,以突出话题,这叫主题句。汉译英有时会译为掉尾句,即先表态或评论,后叙事,以突出主语。

万一有什么困难,给我们一个信。

Send us a message in case you have any difficulty.